Solution for the automated management of the registration of extra-Shenghen passengers, at airports and ports, using facial biometrics.
Reco 3.26 offers a solution for managing the Schengen external borders through a biometric identification system, which can be installed at airports and ports.
The entry / exit system (EES) will allow the registration of travelers from third countries, both short-stay visa holders and visa-free travelers, whenever they cross an external EU border. The system will record the name of the person, the type of travel document, the biometric data (fingerprints and facial images acquired) and the date and place of entry and exit, in full compliance with fundamental rights and data protection.
The traveler, in the first instance, carries out the Pre-Enrollment through Self service kiosk.The system:
- Verifies the authenticity of the travel document and acquires passenger data;
- Check "self-service station" eligibility;
- Check the EES relevance;
- Acquires the biometric image of the face and verifies the identity;
- Acquires fingerprints in the case of the first file;
- Record the answers to the completed multiple choice questionnaire, for incoming passengers only;
- Register/Update EES data.
Subsequently, at E-gate, the system:
- Verify the authenticity and integrity of the travel document;
- Verify the legitimate ownership of the travel document by the passenger;
- Record the necessary passenger data;
- Checks the eligibility of the border crossing by the passenger, in accordance with predetermined rules.
Airport and Ports Security