The Ministry of the Interior has chosen Reco 3.26 to make the management of public safety more efficient.
The company has developed the 'Automatic Image Recognition System', called S.A.R.I., based on Intelligent Recognition (Facial Recognition), currently in use by the State Police - Central Anti-Crime Directorate and Scientific Police throughout the country and in all the Italian Police Headquarters.
The S.A.R.I. system is a Video Analisys software capable of processing images / videos and identifying faces by comparing them in real time (<1.5 sec) with a reference image. The 'verification' software compares the face identified in the scene with the reference one, generating an ok in case of positive verification. The 'identification' software, on the other hand, compares the face identified in the scene with those present in a large database and generates a real-time alert in the event of a positive match.
On 17 December 2018 the patent was granted to the company in Italy, on 8 September 2020 the United States Patent and Trademark Office issues the patent for the USA.
The solution allows you to compare a face present in a video stream, with thousands of faces present in a database.
- Less than 1 second to search among 20 MILLION faces
- The system is designed to research an identity by combining different recognition algorithms (even used in parallel)
- The solution is able to integrate face recognition and face tracking algorithms, even from different providers.
S.A.R.I Real time
The solution is capable to analyse real time video streaming coming from IP cameras by detecting faces in unconstrained environment and with not collaborative subjects, by identifying individuals against a predefined watch list of suspects
- 50 milliseconds to perform a search among 100K faces
- Able to identify all the faces in each frame
- Real-time alerting capabilities
- Recognizes faces in different poses (neural network estimation)
- The system is designed to research an identity by combining different recognition algorithms (even used
- The solution is able to integrate face recognition and face tracking algorithms even from different providers
- Police operators can use a mobile App integrated in the same scenario, in order to easily verify any specific subject in real time